Friday, August 13, 2010

25 Random Things (as a form of re-introduction):

1. My name is Erin, as you may have guessed from the title of my blog (which, if I do say so myself, needs to be changed) and I'm 27.

2. I have a super cool husband whom I love very much, named Jon, and two cute-as-a-button girls, Isis & Aurora, who are 4 years and 16 months.

3. We live in the 'sticks' in Eastern Upstate NY. You can't get much farther North in NY. We're about 30 miles from the Canadian border (No, not Buffalo...go East).

4. I have always been somewhat of a Tom Boy. I have never been, and never will be a girly-girl. However, I do love purses and the color pink. But, remember: everything in moderation.

5. I'm a Type I Diabetic and have been for 14 years. I was 13 when I was diagnosed and I'm on an Insulin pump, which just so happens to be pink.

6. My oldest daughter Isis was born on April 23rd, on my 23rd birthday at 23:46.

7. Which reminds me: I always use military time, for everything. No, I've never been in the Military. No, thanks for asking: Neither has either of my parents.

8. My Mother and Step Father were killed by a drunk driver 5 years ago.

9. I'm blunt and I'll always tell you the truth. Sometimes that makes me hard to take. Trust me I do have tact, it just comes down to if you deserve it.

10. I'm an Operations Manager for a contact center. We do technical support. Most days I love my job. I love be a leader, and I'm a control freak, so management suits me well.

11. I use too many commas. Just getting that out of the way, so there is no need to bring it up later.

12. I love Jeeps. It's a communicable disease that I caught from my husband, Jon. I have Stage 1 Jeep-o-sis and he has full blown Stage 4. You should see some of the crap he brings home.

13. Related to #12, we love to Mud Bog, trail ride, fish and camp. It's especially cool when we convoy with others and chat on the CB's.

14. I am somewhat of a geek, but less so these days. This disease I caught before my husband and I met, but he's exacerbated it given he's a Unix/Linux System Administrator. I own a Mac and I love it, but I won't likely try to sell you on it. I'm not one of those.

15. I love to read. I read at least one book per week. It's seriously the only thing that keeps me sane sometimes.

16. I meant my closest friend online. No, not in that way. We both belong to the same forum about our Type I Diabetes. One thing led to another and well you know, it just happened. Last weekend we drove 10+ hours to see her on Friday and drove home again Tuesday. That, is love (or total craziness).

17. My children are total opposites. One has dark hair, dark eyes, is shy to a fault but has a fiery temper. The other has blond hair, blue eyes and is so happy go lucky and social she'll make you puke. One looks just like me and the other just like my husband.

18. I'm currently being tested for Melanoma. I had the first biopsy and that came back inconclusive, so yesterday I had a big patch of skin removed to re-test. If I have cancer at 27, someone is going to hear about it. I mean, really?

19. I like piercings and tattoos: On other people. I don't currently have any. I figure by now, in a professional position I may 'rock the boat' if I come in with metal somewhere in my head. A tattoo I would still consider, but I need to make sure I want it there when I'm 80. But anyway, on other people: totally sexy.

20. I love to travel. Put me in a car going nowhere fast and I'm happier then happy could be. We want to drive to Alaska someday and I'd love to go to Ireland. I think if I was single I would take a job that required me to travel all over the country (or further).

21. I'm not a Christian. Funny how I state that rather then "I'm a...(fill in the blank here)". Mostly because, I grew up as a Christian and I'm always afraid that there is someone lurking around the corner waiting to yell at me for changing my mind. I do however, read a lot of conservative Christian blogs. I like other peoples prospectives and opinions.

22. We have a dog named Piper. Sometimes I regret the day I walked into the shelter to find a 'cute puppy'. But, eventually he'll calm down. Right?

23. I always feel like when you are thinking of 25 random things about yourself you should include a hidden talent. Except, I'm pretty sure I don't have one. I used to be able to remember phone numbers really well, but the age of the cell phones killed that. Now I just use my address book like everyone else. I can tie a cherry stem in a knot with my tongue though! Wait: No I can't. Damn.

24. I'm starting to run out of things to say. Oh! A random fact about our (very) small town. The only month on record that it's never snowed? August.

25. Speaking of puke: Give me a break I did say something about puke up there somewhere. I hate it. No, that's wrong. I HATE it. Which has been a struggle with having kids. Of course you just push through it and get on with life, but really I do. It must be genetic, because so does my sister.



No comments: