Saturday, August 21, 2010


Isis is Headed to School

I have no idea how 4 1/2 years went by so quickly, but Isis is headed off to Pre-K in another couple of weeks (September 7th). She had her screening this past Tuesday. I honestly thought for sure that she would be really timid and wouldn't cooperate if we weren't involved in the screening. But, she surprised us both and went on her merry way with the teacher without a lick of argument.

I'm a bit disappointed with the communication thus far from the school. We had to have our applications for Pre-K in by May 8th. They never sent out decisions until the middle of July. That means if she hadn't made it into Pre-K (they use a lottery system if there are too many kids, and there was) then we would have had no time to find her something else.

We are still waiting to hear who her teacher will be (they decide after screening) and we don't know yet if there will be a supply list or not. There is also no orientation (only a visitation day for the kids only). There is a 'Meet the Teachers' night two days after school starts.

I'm terrified to put her on the bus that first morning (or even the day of visitation). This really will be the first thing she's done without Jon, myself or my Mother-In-Law with her. I think my biggest fear it going to be simply that she won't get on the bus at all!
I suppose we can always drive her in if we need to. They are going to harness her on the bus in a carseat. That's the one piece I was impressed about. They didn't seem to bat an eye when I asked. She's only 31lbs right now and I just don't like the idea of her being free roaming on the bus.

I'm sure she'll do fine. Right? I know she's certainly a smart cookie!


No comments: