Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Getting Healthy


I've decided to make some much needed changes in my life. I went to the doctor recently & she told me that although my control of my Type I diabetes is great, my cholesterol is not. I think hearing that was what I needed to get my ass in gear & start taking part in some good diet & exercise practices.

I joined http://www.sparkpeople.com/ & have been tracking all of my calories, etc. Also, this site gives you some great ideas how strength training exercises which I am doing Monday, Wednesday, Friday & I'm doing Cardio (mostly snow shoeing at this point) Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday.

My first weigh in was a disapointment, as it appears I've gained 1lb instead of losing anything. But this time I'm not giving it all up right away, I've decided to do this for my health instead of soley to look good.

One of my goals that I have set up on spark people is to journal, so hopefully I can stick to this & be brave enough to let some people read it :)

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Good for you Erin! I really need a weight loss buddy and I am very hopeful that we can keep each other going.