Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Just Let her be Well!


Isis has now been officially sick since Thursday evening. Thursday night was the last night she has slept that she didn't wake up atleast twice. Mommy is exhausted, Daddy is exhausted. Jon stayed home with her on Friday & I stayed home with her yesterday.

She actually seemed to be better yesterday, she slept well for her nap, was chipper, ate well & was fever free. Albeit, she was slobbery. She did sleep better last night then any other night. She went down at 8, was up at 11 & then back down until 5am. Jon got up with her at 5am for good.

She was looking pretty ill again this morning though. I was so disapointed to see that. Miriam is with her today, because she was so happy yesterday I figured it was safe to have her come back. I have to wonder if her yucky-ness it caused by her being up at 5am & by the time I left at 7:30-ish she was ready for her nap already (she's normally up at 7am & back down for a nap by 10am).

Miriam put her down for a nap & if she's not better/more awake when she gets her up, then I'm going to go home again. I'm likely going to make her an appointment as well, if she doesn't seem to be better. Everytime I do that, she seems much better by the time we can get her to the doctor (of course, isn't that always the way).

I feel like someone has been sick constantly since Christmas. Jon & I had a stomach thing right after Christmas & then Isis had a chest cold. It was mid January before we were all well again. Now in Mid-Feburary we have all been sick again!

Its such an emotional drain when things are like this. I can't really explain why, but I get so depressed from dealing with Jon being sick & Isis being sick. I think mostly because I'm a worry wart (to the upteenth degree) & I spend my time worrying that I'm not doing something right for them or they are going to end up too sick.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Poor all of you! Did things get better after a good nap today or did you end up going home? I am looking forward to tomorrow being a bit more "normal" and actually catching up with you a bit online again. :) I hope things are getting better!